Saturday, July 13, 2013

Layered Smoothie for Summer

 This recipe was shown on Bobby Flay's BBQ Addiction on the food network.  I used my Nutribullet of course instead of a blender.  Turned out so yummy!!  :) 


Ingredients
*NOTE:  I did not use the same amounts as he did as all my fruits were frozen.  I used the same ingredients, just not the same amounts.  But it turned out really good.  I'd say for NB, cut this recipe in half?  

Mango-Peach:
2 very ripe mangoes, peeled, pitted and diced
2 very ripe peaches, peeled, pitted and diced
1 cup mango or peach nectar
1 cup 2-percent Greek yogurt
Lime juice
Honey

Strawberry-Banana:
2 pints ripe strawberries, hulled and halved
2  tbsp nectar
2 frozen ripe bananas
1 cup 2-percent Greek yogurt
Lemon juice (I used lime since I had already cut one in half)
Finely diced mango and peach, for garnish
Finely diced strawberries, for garnish

Directions
For the mango-peach smoothie: Add the mangoes, peaches, nectar and yogurt to a blender and blend until smooth. Add lime juice and honey to taste if needed. Pour into a pitcher and refrigerate until very cold.

For the strawberry-banana smoothie: Combine the strawberries, nectar, the frozen banana and yogurt to a blender and blend until smooth. Add lemon/lime juice to taste if needed. Pour into a pitcher and refrigerate until very cold.

Fill each glass half way with the mango-peach and then fill to the top with the strawberry-banana. Mix together the finely diced mango, peach and strawberries in a small bowl and top each glass with some of the fruit for garnish.



2 comments:

  1. I'm definitely going to try this today! Thanks for posting it Kris :)

    ReplyDelete